Who needs injector service?
There are several reasons why injector service may be necessary:
A decrease in fuel economy in any car is a telltale sign of an injector problem. Likewise, once any car has reached 75,000 miles, fuel economy and performance decrease as well… Injector service is required. Get your injectors cleaned and tested and regain the gas mileage, decreased emissions, smooth operation and performance you used to have.
Injectors that have been sitting outside of the car for an extended period of time or injectors purchased without a known history can be problematic. Are they clogged? Do they have any electrical problems? Does the set flow evenly? Injector Service will insure cleanliness, test for all issues and provide a valuable flow report.
When new injectors are installed, especially if they are a different size than stock and/or if other engine modifications are made at the same time, the car’s ECU cannot properly regulate the injectors – Tuning is required. DeatschWerks Advanced Injector Testing provides the data necessary to optimize the idle, drivability and power you require from your new injectors.
What DeatschWerks services are available?
We have taken what we know from building precision high flow injectors and applied these same principles to develop the ultimate injector cleaning and testing system for OEM, Aftermarket, Sidefeed and Topfeed fuel injectors. We do not service diesel, piezoelectric, air-assist, or any mechanical fuel injectors (CIS, spyder). Three options are available to suit your needs:
- BASIC INJECTOR FLOW TEST ($13/injector) - A simple static + dynamic flow test to show the condition and flow rate of your fuel injectors. If results are poor and an injector service is needed, we can apply the cost of the flow test to the dynamic service.
- DYNAMIC INJECTOR SERVICE ($29/injector) - This is our most popular service and features a full teardown and ultrasonic cleaning followed by a rebuild of all replaceable seals and filters and finishes with our industry-leading dynamic flow testing process. All of your results are laid out in an easy to read report. Testing is performed before and after the service so you can see the improvements.
- BATTERY OFFSET TESTING ($90/injector) - The battery offset test is intended for tuners and calibrators needing injector characterization data to aid in setting up an aftermarket ECU. Call ahead and you can request custom voltages and pressures to fit your specific needs.
- LINEARITY TESTING ($90/injector) The linearity test is intended for tuners and calibrators needing injector characterization data to aid in setting up an aftermarket ECU. The linearity test will define the low pulsewidth non-linear range as well as duty cycle at which the injectors will begin to go static.
- FUEL RAIL SERVICE ($49/rail) - Side feed rails can be a major headache. Lucky for you, DW has the tools and expertise to remove and install side feed injectors from their rails without damage, and without leaks.
All service and testing is performed on the same precision calibrated equipment that we use on our own injectors and receives the same quality and attention to detail that we put into our own high-flow injectors as well... so you know the results you get are dead on.
Dynamic Injector Service
- Looking for better gas mileage, smoother operation, and more crisp acceleration?
- Installing used injectors and want to be sure they are clean and operating properly?
- Having an engine problem and suspect the fuel injectors?
- Tuning your car for more boost and want to yield higher and safer WHP?
Then DeatschWerks' Dynamic Injector Service is for you!
|Pre-flow||Compare before and after results|
|3-step ultrasonic cleaning||Optimizes atomization and flow|
|Replace o-rings, filters, and seals||Ensures leak free operation|
|Check coil||Discover electrical problems|
|Leak test 100psi||Find leaks at pintle|
|RPM ramp and Pulse-width ramp tests||Exclusive DeatschWerks tests|
|Spray pattern analysis||Verify proper atomization|
|Static flow test||Check balance of flow rates|
|Dynamic flow test||Simulates real driving conditions|
|ID etching||Links each injector to results on report|
|Lubricate and bag||Preserves optimum working condition|
|System calculations||min/max/avg flow and system balance|
|Fuel pressure calculations||Valuable tool for FMU/AFPR users|
|Performance calculations||Defines limits of fuel system|
Battery Offset Testing
The Battery Offset test includes cleaning the injector(s) if necessary and then performing the testing as outlined below. Typically, it is necessary to perform a test on only one injector, however, 2 or 3 injectors can be tested to provide the most accurate data. Price listed is per injector tested. Please call us before ordering this service if you would like specific testing parameters defined to best suite your needs.
Pressure Range - up to 3 test pressures of your choice. Default is 3 bar, 4 bar, and 5 bar
Voltage Range - up to 12 voltages of your choice. Default range is from 6.0 to 20.0
Interpolation - upon request, polynomial interpolation equations can be provided so that the customer can calculate offset at any specific voltage needed
Testing Fluid - all testing is perfored using n-heptane as specified by SAE J1832. DW will not test in gasoline
The Linearity Test includes cleaning the injector(s) if necessary and then performing the testing below. Typically, it is necessary to perform a test on only one injector, however, 2 or 3 injectors can be tested to provide the most accurate data. Price listed is per injector tested. Please call us before ordering this service if you would like specific testing parameters defined to best suite your needs.
Testing Pressure - customer may choose pressure at which testing is performed. Default test pressure is 3 bar (43.5 psi)
Pulse Widths - customer may choose custom pulse width if desired.
Testing Frequency - customer may choose testing Hz. Default test frequency is 100hz (equivalent to 6,000 engine RPM). A static flow test is also included.
Min/Max Pulsewidths - a suggested minimum and maximum pulsewidth is provided for your injectors based upon your test results.
Testing Fluid - all testing is performed using n-heptane as specified by SAE J1832. DW will not test in gasoline
Fuel Rail Service
Anyone who has removed side feed injectors from their fuel rail understands the frustration involved. With DeatschWerks' new Fuel Rail Service, we remove the frustration.
DeatschWerks Fuel Rail Service work like this:
- You send your fuel rail with the side feed injectors still installed
- We safely remove the injectors so there is no damage
- We ultrasonically clean the fuel rail
- We perform the service that you order on the fuel injectors (see injector services under the additional tabs)
- We lube and reinstall the injectors in the fuel rail
- We pressure test the rail with the injectors installed
- We ship the entire assembly back to you ready to install
If you want to remove the frustration and risk involved with removing side feed injectors from the fuel rail, then the Fuel Rail Service is for you!
Ordering injector services through DeatschWerks is quick and easy. Simply choose the injector service you want. Print out and complete the PDF order form. Then package your injectors with the order form and send it to the address on the form. Be sure to package your injectors in plastic to ensure no residual fuel is leaked during shipping. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need help making a decision.
We understand the fuel injectors we are servicing for you may have come from the daily driver you count on for commuting or from the race car you need prepared for next week's event; therefore, we work fast to get you back up and running as quickly as possible. Please allow 5 business days for the completion of your service from the date it is received to the date it is shipped. If you are really in a tight spot, we also offer express shipping options to further minimize your down time.