Being the leader in application specific fueling solutions, we have been thinking outside the tank, and outside the box. In the past 12 months we has released 2 high performance in-line fuel pumps: the 250 liter-per-hour DW250iL, and the 350 liter-per-hour DW350iL. Today, we are releasing modular surge tanks and integrated pump pre-filters to compliment these in-line pumps and create a highly flexible fueling solution that can grow with your ever-increasing fuel demands.
Custom surge tanks have been common to the racing industry for many years and serve the purposes of avoiding fuel starvation in high G corners and low fuel tank levels. The new DW Modular Surge Tanks take all the functionality of traditional racing surge tanks and added compact packaging, decreased pump noise, and increased flexibility. These improvements have been achieved by moving the pumps inside the surge tank, AND allowing the use of single or dual pump configurations.
The 2.5 Modular is a 2.5-liter surge tank designed to house either one or two DW250iL’s. The 3.5 Modular is a 3.5-liter surge tank designed to house either one or two DW350iL’s. In addition, both systems include adapters to allow the use of the surge tank with no pump installed, which maximizes tank capacity and allows the customer to use whatever external fuel pump they desire.
For those interested in taking integration one step further, DW is also releasing new –AN pump pre-filters which move filtration inside the surge tank. These 100-micron stainless filters are e85 compatible, feature -6AN and -8AN fittings, and screw directly into the DW250iL and DW350iL inlets.
Over the past year, these modular fuel systems have been proven on both the street and track through DW’s extensive network of sponsored drivers in NMRA, Formula D, and Global Time Attack. Our sponsored drivers have used these modular systems in many different configurations and pushed them to the limits with excellent results.
More details on these new products are listed below…
Modular Surge Tanks
- Configurable to support over 900HP (2.5L) and 1200HP (3.5L)
- Internal capacities of 2.48L and 3.52L
- Fully anodized for e85 compatibility
- Significantly reduces pump operating noise
- All accessories included for 0, 1, or 2 integrated DW pumps
- Detailed plumbing and installation instructions
- Vertical and horizontal mounting capabilities
Surge Tank Integrated Pre-filters
- 100 micron stainless steel filter element
- Integrated magnetic shaving collector
- -6AN (250iL) and -8AN (350iL) fittings
- Thread directly onto pump inlet
- Drop-in fitment for DW Modular Surge Tanks